UPEK TouchChip TCRU1C is a capacitive USB 2.0 fingerprint scanner.
The scanner is based on TouchChip Silicon Fingerprint Sensor that is used in notebooks, keyboards, handheld hardware, door locks, POS terminals and other applications.
UPEK's patented active capacitance sensing technology provides a higher immunity to parasitic effects than passive capacitive sensing, delivering a high signal-to-noise ratio and the ability to capture fingerprints from the widest range of skin types.
High sensitivity allows a thick protective coating to be applied to the surface of the sensor for environmental robustness.
This scanner is no longer manufactured and not available for ordering.
Please see EikonTouch 700 from the same manufacturer if you need a scanner with similar features and capabilities.
- Large Image Area – for accurate biometric verification and identification.
- High sensitivity – the sensor is able to capture fingerprints from the widest range of skin types due to its a high signal-to-noise ratio.
- Proven – the sensor used in a wide range of applications, including handheld ID terminals, door locks, keyboards, safes and POS terminals.
- Robust – a thick protective coating is on surface of the sensor.
- Partners – supported by the world's leading algorithm vendors, the TouchChip USB Fingerprint readers are the preferred fingerprint reader for today's most demanding applications.
|Device name||TouchChip TCRU1C|
|Manufacturer||DigitalPersona, Inc. (formerly manufactured by UPEK, Inc.)|
|Device connection||USB 2.0|
|Microsoft Windows (32-bit & 64-bit),|
Linux (32-bit & 64-bit),
Mac OS X (x86 32-bit & 64-bit),
Android (with root access)
|Sensor resolution||508 ppi|
|Image capture area (Platen size)||13 x 18 mm (0.5" x 0.7")|
|Fingerprint image size||256 x 360 pixels|
|Device size||44 x 69 x 23 mm (1.7" x 2.7" x 0.9")|
|Device weight||40 grams (0.1 lbs)|
|Operating temperature||0°C ~ +40°C|
|Operating humidity||5% - 93% at +30°C|