Futronic’s FS88H is an enhanced version of FS80H fingerprint scanner. The FS88H was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. The scanner is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List. The FS88H meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201 (FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors.
The scanner is suitable for high-traffic applications like border control, identity card, driver license, election or any other type of civilian AFIS, as it is able to capture high quality fingerprint images almost without distortions and has a rugged sensor.
Live Finger Detection (LFD) is performed by a separate electronic circuit build into FS88H. This feature allows to reject fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh or other materials. The LFD can be optionally enabled from user application.
Each individual scanner is traceable as it has a unique serial number factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor. Applications can read this number and store it into database duringe each scan. This feature is important for security systems and government identity management projects.
FS88 OEM module is available for customers who want to integrate the scanner into their hardware.
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image
- Live Finger Detection – rejects fake fingers made from silicone, rubber, play-doh or other materials.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (14 mm) crown glass used for platen.