Futronic FS51 OEM module
Technically the FS51 module is an FS50 scanner without plastic case and USB cable. The module is intended for customers who want to integrate rolled or single/dual flat fingerprint scanner into their own hardware like handheld ID verification machine, portable voter registration station, etc.
The FS51 is FIPS 201 / PIV compliant device and is listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List. The scanner features large platen area (1.6″ x 1.5″) that allows to scan single or dual flat fingerprints, or single rolled fingerprint.
FS51 sensor is rugged enough to be used in mobile solutions that may require heavy user interaction in various environments. The sensor has a thick 33mm crown glass prism with anti-scratch coating.
Each individual module includes a unique factory-programmed serial number. The scanner is traceable as it has a unique serial number factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor. Applications can read this number and store it into database duringe each scan. This feature is important for security systems and government identity management projects.
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Large platen area – allows to scan 1 or 2 flat fingerprints simultaneously, or 1 rolled fingerprint.
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred, scarred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (33 mm) crown glass prism used for platen.