FS50 fingerprint scanner is intended for professional applications. The scanner features large platen area (1.6″ x 1.5″) that allows to scan single or dual flat fingerprints, or single rolled fingerprint.
The FS50 was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. The scanner is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List. The FS50 meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201 (FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors.
The scanner is suitable for high-traffic applications like border control, identity card, driver license, election or any other type of civilian AFIS, as it is able to capture high quality fingerprint images almost without distortions and has a rugged sensor. Scanner’s sensor has a thick 33mm crown glass prism with anti-scratch coating, thus the scanner is suitable for long term heavy duty usage in harsh environments. Precise optics and infra-red illumination allow to scan dry, wet, blurred, scarred or other problematic fingers.
Each individual scanner is traceable as it has a unique serial number factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor. Applications can read this number and store it into database duringe each scan. This feature is important for security systems and government identity management projects.
FS51 OEM module is available for customers who want to integrate the scanner into their hardware.
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Large platen area – allows to scan 1 or 2 flat fingerprints simultaneously, or 1 rolled fingerprint.
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred, scarred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (33 mm) crown glass prism used for platen.