Futronic FS89 OEM module
Technically the FS89 module is an FS88H scanner without plastic case and USB cable. The module is intended for customers who want to integrate FS88 into their own products, like handheld POS devices or portable voter registration stations.
The FS88 scanner is FIPS 201 / PIV compliant device and is listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List. The FS88 sensor is rugged enough to be used in mobile solutions that may require heavy user interaction in various environments.
Each individual module includes a unique factory-programmed serial number. Scanner is traceable as it has a unique serial number factory-programmed into the USB Device Descriptor. Applications can read this number and store it into database duringe each scan. This feature is important for security systems and government identity management projects.
- FIPS 201 and PIV compliant – certified by FBI and included in US General Services Administration approved products list.
- Suitable for mobile solutions – compact and rugged sensor can be used in various high-traffic environments.
- Precise optics – allow to scan almost undistorted fingerprint image.
- Infra-red illumination – allows to scan wet, dry, blurred and other problematic fingers.
- Rugged sensor – thick (14 mm) crown glass used for platen.